Student, accused of rape, commits suicide
Sonipat: An engineering student, who was named in a rape case, allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a moving train, police said on Sunday.
Rohit, a resident of Salwan district near Panipat, jumped before a moving train on Delhi-Ambala railway track on Saturday night.
The final year B.Tech student of a college here was accused in a rape case, they said.
Rohit`s father Mahendra has alleged that due to harassment by the police and girl`s family, forced his son to take the extreme step.
Rohit`s family rejected the charges of rape against him and filed a case of harassment against the girl`s kin blaming them for the suicide.
DSP (City) Balbir Singh said that the deceased was called to the police station for interrogation and there was a heated argument between the girl`s side and the boy`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit