Student, accused of rape, commits suicide
Sonipat: An engineering student, who was named in a rape case, allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a moving train, police said on Sunday.
Rohit, a resident of Salwan district near Panipat, jumped before a moving train on Delhi-Ambala railway track on Saturday night.
The final year B.Tech student of a college here was accused in a rape case, they said.
Rohit`s father Mahendra has alleged that due to harassment by the police and girl`s family, forced his son to take the extreme step.
Rohit`s family rejected the charges of rape against him and filed a case of harassment against the girl`s kin blaming them for the suicide.
DSP (City) Balbir Singh said that the deceased was called to the police station for interrogation and there was a heated argument between the girl`s side and the boy`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok