Student, accused of rape, commits suicide
Sonipat: An engineering student, who was named in a rape case, allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a moving train, police said on Sunday.
Rohit, a resident of Salwan district near Panipat, jumped before a moving train on Delhi-Ambala railway track on Saturday night.
The final year B.Tech student of a college here was accused in a rape case, they said.
Rohit`s father Mahendra has alleged that due to harassment by the police and girl`s family, forced his son to take the extreme step.
Rohit`s family rejected the charges of rape against him and filed a case of harassment against the girl`s kin blaming them for the suicide.
DSP (City) Balbir Singh said that the deceased was called to the police station for interrogation and there was a heated argument between the girl`s side and the boy`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal asks Modi govt 'What are you waiting for?'