Student, accused of rape, commits suicide
Sonipat: An engineering student, who was named in a rape case, allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a moving train, police said on Sunday.
Rohit, a resident of Salwan district near Panipat, jumped before a moving train on Delhi-Ambala railway track on Saturday night.
The final year B.Tech student of a college here was accused in a rape case, they said.
Rohit`s father Mahendra has alleged that due to harassment by the police and girl`s family, forced his son to take the extreme step.
Rohit`s family rejected the charges of rape against him and filed a case of harassment against the girl`s kin blaming them for the suicide.
DSP (City) Balbir Singh said that the deceased was called to the police station for interrogation and there was a heated argument between the girl`s side and the boy`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Harbhajan Singh's cricket buddies wished him on becoming a father
- India should double coverage of HBV vaccine at birth: WHO
- Swathi murder case: Chennai Police gets one-day custody of Ramkumar to recreate crime scene
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one