Student, accused of rape, commits suicide
Sonipat: An engineering student, who was named in a rape case, allegedly committed suicide by jumping before a moving train, police said on Sunday.
Rohit, a resident of Salwan district near Panipat, jumped before a moving train on Delhi-Ambala railway track on Saturday night.
The final year B.Tech student of a college here was accused in a rape case, they said.
Rohit`s father Mahendra has alleged that due to harassment by the police and girl`s family, forced his son to take the extreme step.
Rohit`s family rejected the charges of rape against him and filed a case of harassment against the girl`s kin blaming them for the suicide.
DSP (City) Balbir Singh said that the deceased was called to the police station for interrogation and there was a heated argument between the girl`s side and the boy`s father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'