Student killed by Haryana Roadways bus, friends go on rampage
Hisar: A college student died on Thursday after he came under the wheels of a Haryana Roadways bus, following which his friends set another bus on fire, damaged several others and blocked the Hisar-Sirsa National Highway here.
Sandeep (19) came under the wheels of the bus when he was trying to board it on Kajla-Durjanpur road this morning. He was going to his college in Adampur, police said.
Soon after the accident, a number of students blocked the national highway and set another Haryana Roadways bus on fire in protest against the student`s death. They also pelted stones at other buses and damaged several of them, they said.
The Hisar Superintendent of Police rushed to the spot along with other senior police officers and pacified the students to withdraw the blockade.
Police assured the agitating students that a case would be registered against the bus driver who fled the spot, and he would be arrested soon. Following the assurances, the students withdrew the blockade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love