Student killed by Haryana Roadways bus, friends go on rampage
Hisar: A college student died on Thursday after he came under the wheels of a Haryana Roadways bus, following which his friends set another bus on fire, damaged several others and blocked the Hisar-Sirsa National Highway here.
Sandeep (19) came under the wheels of the bus when he was trying to board it on Kajla-Durjanpur road this morning. He was going to his college in Adampur, police said.
Soon after the accident, a number of students blocked the national highway and set another Haryana Roadways bus on fire in protest against the student`s death. They also pelted stones at other buses and damaged several of them, they said.
The Hisar Superintendent of Police rushed to the spot along with other senior police officers and pacified the students to withdraw the blockade.
Police assured the agitating students that a case would be registered against the bus driver who fled the spot, and he would be arrested soon. Following the assurances, the students withdrew the blockade.
- WATCH: When Virat Kohli applauded David Warner's 'helicopter' shot during SRH-RCB match
- Uttarakhand forest fire: WATCH - How IAF's Mi-17 lifts water from Bhimtal lake to spray it over affected areas
- Priyanka Chopra attends White House Correspondents' dinner, gets clicked with President Obama
- AgustaWestland scam: Manohar Parrikar to place all details about deal before Parliament on May 4
- READ: Rohit Sharma's touching hand-written letter to fans on his 29th birthday!