Students` protest turns violent in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A protest at a private engineering college near here over the death of a girl student turned violent on Thursday, with the agitators smashing window panes of vehicles and setting afire a college bus.
The students, who had gathered for a condolence meet to mourn the death of the 19-year-old student, went on rampage alleging negligence on behalf of the college for the death of girl who died after fainting in the campus.
The situation was soon brought under control, police said.
The protesting students had accused the college administration of being late in taking the girl to hospital.
The post-mortem report, however, said the victim, a student of computer science department of the college, suffered a heart failure and died within minutes.
"The girl died of heart failure. In cases of heart failure, a patient succumbs within few minutes," government doctor Deepak Mathur said.
Meanwhile, the college administration has ruled out possibility of any anti-social element behind the violence, and said the entire episode was a result of "misunderstanding."
It said the college would not file any official complaint against the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi