Supporters throng Gurgaon hospital to see Anna
Gurgaon: Supporters on Sunday thronged Gurgaon`s Medanta hospital where Anna Hazare was brought for medical supervision after he ended his fast on the 13th day.
Hundreds of people were gathered outside the multi-specialty hospital here to catch a glimpse of the activist.
"We are here to have a `darshan` (sight) of Anna Hazare," Ram Sharan, a 35-year-old supporter, said.
Police had a tough time clearing the crowd to make way for the vehicle bringing Hazare to the hospital as supporters thronged the road.
Through his long fast, Hazare was being treated by a team of doctors from Medanta hospital led by eminent cardiologist Naresh Trehan. He has been admitted to the hospital to check his medical condition and will be kept under constant monitoring.
The activist lost nearly seven kg of weight during his fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion