Supporters throng Gurgaon hospital to see Anna
Gurgaon: Supporters on Sunday thronged Gurgaon`s Medanta hospital where Anna Hazare was brought for medical supervision after he ended his fast on the 13th day.
Hundreds of people were gathered outside the multi-specialty hospital here to catch a glimpse of the activist.
"We are here to have a `darshan` (sight) of Anna Hazare," Ram Sharan, a 35-year-old supporter, said.
Police had a tough time clearing the crowd to make way for the vehicle bringing Hazare to the hospital as supporters thronged the road.
Through his long fast, Hazare was being treated by a team of doctors from Medanta hospital led by eminent cardiologist Naresh Trehan. He has been admitted to the hospital to check his medical condition and will be kept under constant monitoring.
The activist lost nearly seven kg of weight during his fast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi