Surajkund Crafts Mela from February 1
Chandigarh: Rajasthan will be the `theme
state` of this year`s Surajkund Crafts Mela which will be
organised from February 1 to 15 at Faridabad in Haryana.
Republic of Tajikistan will be the `partner country` in
the fair which will also witness participation from SAARC
countries, Thailand and Egypt, an official spokesman said here
He said the fair, a joint venture of Union Ministry of
Tourism and the Haryana government, is expected to see
participation of over 400 craftsmen from across the country.
The official said Surajkund Crafts Mela showcases the
"fascinating display of our rich culture, ancient crafts
traditions and glimpses of our heritage".
He said that craftspersons, folk dancers, theatre
troupes, jugglers and road side magicians attract thousands of
visitors from India and abroad every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'