Suspected honour killing: Couple found dead in Haryana
Bhiwani: In a suspected case of honour killing, a teenaged couple was Sunday found hanging from a tree in a Haryana village, police said.
According to police, the deceased were identified as Monika, 18, resident of Neemdiwala village and Pinku, 19, of Manheru village in Bhiwani district.
District police chief Ashwin said: "Bodies were found from the house of Monika`s uncle. It seems that the couple was killed and then hanged from the tree to give an impression of suicide to misguide the police."
"We have discovered that the boy and girl were in love for the last many months and were planning to marry but their parents were against this alliance," said Ashwin, who only goes by one name.
"Police have registered a case of murder against six people, including Monika`s parents, two brothers, uncle and aunt."
Police sources said the family members of Monika, a Class 11 student, were against the marriage as the boy and the girl were from the same gotra (sub-caste).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail