Suspected honour killing: Couple found dead in Haryana
Bhiwani: In a suspected case of honour killing, a teenaged couple was Sunday found hanging from a tree in a Haryana village, police said.
According to police, the deceased were identified as Monika, 18, resident of Neemdiwala village and Pinku, 19, of Manheru village in Bhiwani district.
District police chief Ashwin said: "Bodies were found from the house of Monika`s uncle. It seems that the couple was killed and then hanged from the tree to give an impression of suicide to misguide the police."
"We have discovered that the boy and girl were in love for the last many months and were planning to marry but their parents were against this alliance," said Ashwin, who only goes by one name.
"Police have registered a case of murder against six people, including Monika`s parents, two brothers, uncle and aunt."
Police sources said the family members of Monika, a Class 11 student, were against the marriage as the boy and the girl were from the same gotra (sub-caste).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview