Suspected honour killing: Couple found dead in Haryana
Bhiwani: In a suspected case of honour killing, a teenaged couple was Sunday found hanging from a tree in a Haryana village, police said.
According to police, the deceased were identified as Monika, 18, resident of Neemdiwala village and Pinku, 19, of Manheru village in Bhiwani district.
District police chief Ashwin said: "Bodies were found from the house of Monika`s uncle. It seems that the couple was killed and then hanged from the tree to give an impression of suicide to misguide the police."
"We have discovered that the boy and girl were in love for the last many months and were planning to marry but their parents were against this alliance," said Ashwin, who only goes by one name.
"Police have registered a case of murder against six people, including Monika`s parents, two brothers, uncle and aunt."
Police sources said the family members of Monika, a Class 11 student, were against the marriage as the boy and the girl were from the same gotra (sub-caste).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug