Take Ajay Chautala to hospital in custody: HC tells Tihar
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Monday directed the Tihar jail Superintendent to take Ajay Chautala, serving a 10-year jail term JBT scam in 2000, to Medanta Hospital for health examination.
Justice Sidharth Mridul asked the jail authority to take Chautala in custody to Medanta Medicity hospital, Gurgaon, for consultation and examination of his health. It also directed the Hospital to submit the report of his present medical condition.
Ajay Chautala, son of former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, sought interim bail on medical grounds.
Filing an application, Chautala sought that his Atrial Fibrillation (heart rhythm disorder) treatment to be done in a Gurgaon hospital.
The court in its order today said "the Superintendent of Tihar jail is directed to take the applicant in custody to Medanta on August 6 and brought back to the Tihar Jail on the same date. A report on the current medical condition of the applicant shall be produced by the counsel on next date of hearing."
The court posted the matter for August 8.
The trial court had sentenced Ajay Chautala, his father and eight others to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years and 45 others were handed down four-year jail term.
The convicts were found guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 teachers in Haryana in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'