Teacher files molestation case against Haryana education officer
Hoshiarpur: A woman teacher in a government school here has filed a case against a district education officer alleging that he tried to molest her, prompting police to order an inquiry.
The teacher of Government Elementary School at Mona Khurd, in her complaint, alleged that Hoshiarpur District Education Officer (Zila Parishad), Paramjit Singh, had come to the school on October 3 for checking school records.
During checking, finding her alone, he allegedly tried to molest her and threatened to get her suspended if she did not oblige him, the teacher alleged.
Following the complaint, District SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill today ordered an inquiry into the allegations.
"After getting the inquiry report, action would be taken accordingly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes