Teacher files molestation case against Haryana education officer
Hoshiarpur: A woman teacher in a government school here has filed a case against a district education officer alleging that he tried to molest her, prompting police to order an inquiry.
The teacher of Government Elementary School at Mona Khurd, in her complaint, alleged that Hoshiarpur District Education Officer (Zila Parishad), Paramjit Singh, had come to the school on October 3 for checking school records.
During checking, finding her alone, he allegedly tried to molest her and threatened to get her suspended if she did not oblige him, the teacher alleged.
Following the complaint, District SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill today ordered an inquiry into the allegations.
"After getting the inquiry report, action would be taken accordingly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why