Teacher files molestation case against Haryana education officer
Hoshiarpur: A woman teacher in a government school here has filed a case against a district education officer alleging that he tried to molest her, prompting police to order an inquiry.
The teacher of Government Elementary School at Mona Khurd, in her complaint, alleged that Hoshiarpur District Education Officer (Zila Parishad), Paramjit Singh, had come to the school on October 3 for checking school records.
During checking, finding her alone, he allegedly tried to molest her and threatened to get her suspended if she did not oblige him, the teacher alleged.
Following the complaint, District SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill today ordered an inquiry into the allegations.
"After getting the inquiry report, action would be taken accordingly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test 'greatest success'
- Myanmar weighs damage after earthquake rattles Bagan pagodas
- Despite sporting glory, Indian women struggle to rise
- Heightened' Dahi Handi revelry continues despite court curb
- Defamation case: 'Supreme Court will decide grounds of Rahul Gandhi's U-turn'