Teacher files molestation case against Haryana education officer
Hoshiarpur: A woman teacher in a government school here has filed a case against a district education officer alleging that he tried to molest her, prompting police to order an inquiry.
The teacher of Government Elementary School at Mona Khurd, in her complaint, alleged that Hoshiarpur District Education Officer (Zila Parishad), Paramjit Singh, had come to the school on October 3 for checking school records.
During checking, finding her alone, he allegedly tried to molest her and threatened to get her suspended if she did not oblige him, the teacher alleged.
Following the complaint, District SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill today ordered an inquiry into the allegations.
"After getting the inquiry report, action would be taken accordingly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games