Teacher files molestation case against Haryana education officer
Hoshiarpur: A woman teacher in a government school here has filed a case against a district education officer alleging that he tried to molest her, prompting police to order an inquiry.
The teacher of Government Elementary School at Mona Khurd, in her complaint, alleged that Hoshiarpur District Education Officer (Zila Parishad), Paramjit Singh, had come to the school on October 3 for checking school records.
During checking, finding her alone, he allegedly tried to molest her and threatened to get her suspended if she did not oblige him, the teacher alleged.
Following the complaint, District SSP Sukhchain Singh Gill today ordered an inquiry into the allegations.
"After getting the inquiry report, action would be taken accordingly," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad