Teachers recruitment scam: Delhi HC reserves its verdict on OP Chautala, 55 others
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday reserved its verdict on appeals of 55
convicts including ex-Haryana CM OP Chautala in the Junior Basic Teachers` recruitment scam case.
Last week, Delhi High Court had extended the interim bail of seven convicts in the said scam also involving former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and his MLA-son Ajay Chautala till July 25.
A bench of Justice Siddharth Mridul granted the relief to seven convicts including Ajay Chautala, Sher Singh Badshami and suspended IAS officer Vidy Dhar.
The court had also asked CBI and the prison authority to verify the claims of 17, out of 55 convicts, who had also sought interim bail on medical grounds and had fixed the matter for hearing on July 17.
Earlier, the court had granted bail to convict Narain Singh Ruhil on health grounds for eight weeks and directed him to furnish a personal bond of Rs 25,000. On January 22, 2013, a special CBI court had convicted and sentenced Ajay Chautala, Om Prakash Chautala and eight others, including Vidya Dhar and Badshami, to 10 years jail term for illegally recruiting 3,206 junior teachers in the year 2000.
Among other convicts, 44 have been sentenced to four years in jail and one to five-year jail term. All of them were held guilty of cheating, forgery, using fake documents as genuine, conspiracy under IPC and for abusing their official position under Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?