Teachers` scam: HC notice to CBI on Ajay Chautala
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to the CBI on Ajay Chautala`s plea for bail, also suspending the 10-year jail sentence handed down to him for irregular appointment of teachers in 2000.
Seeking a response from the Central Bureau of Investigation, Justice Mukta Gupta posted the matter for April 4.
"Issue notice to the CBI and post the matter for April 4 for further hearing," Justice Gupta said.
Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s son Ajay Chautala moved the court seeking bail and suspension of the 10-year jail term awarded to him.
The trial court had sentenced Chautala, his son Ajay Chautala and eight others to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years and 45 others were handed out four-year jail terms.
Chautala and the other accused were found guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained teachers in Haryana in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate