Teachers` scam: HC notice to CBI on Ajay Chautala
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to the CBI on Ajay Chautala`s plea for bail, also suspending the 10-year jail sentence handed down to him for irregular appointment of teachers in 2000.
Seeking a response from the Central Bureau of Investigation, Justice Mukta Gupta posted the matter for April 4.
"Issue notice to the CBI and post the matter for April 4 for further hearing," Justice Gupta said.
Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s son Ajay Chautala moved the court seeking bail and suspension of the 10-year jail term awarded to him.
The trial court had sentenced Chautala, his son Ajay Chautala and eight others to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years and 45 others were handed out four-year jail terms.
Chautala and the other accused were found guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained teachers in Haryana in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened