Teachers` scam: HC notice to CBI on Ajay Chautala
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to the CBI on Ajay Chautala`s plea for bail, also suspending the 10-year jail sentence handed down to him for irregular appointment of teachers in 2000.
Seeking a response from the Central Bureau of Investigation, Justice Mukta Gupta posted the matter for April 4.
"Issue notice to the CBI and post the matter for April 4 for further hearing," Justice Gupta said.
Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s son Ajay Chautala moved the court seeking bail and suspension of the 10-year jail term awarded to him.
The trial court had sentenced Chautala, his son Ajay Chautala and eight others to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years and 45 others were handed out four-year jail terms.
Chautala and the other accused were found guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained teachers in Haryana in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview