Teachers` scam: HC notice to CBI on Ajay Chautala
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday issued notice to the CBI on Ajay Chautala`s plea for bail, also suspending the 10-year jail sentence handed down to him for irregular appointment of teachers in 2000.
Seeking a response from the Central Bureau of Investigation, Justice Mukta Gupta posted the matter for April 4.
"Issue notice to the CBI and post the matter for April 4 for further hearing," Justice Gupta said.
Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala`s son Ajay Chautala moved the court seeking bail and suspension of the 10-year jail term awarded to him.
The trial court had sentenced Chautala, his son Ajay Chautala and eight others to 10 years in jail while one convict was sentenced to five years and 45 others were handed out four-year jail terms.
Chautala and the other accused were found guilty of illegally recruiting 3,206 junior basic trained teachers in Haryana in 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire