Team Anna-Congress war of words intensifies
Hisar/New Delhi: The Team Anna-Congress war
of words intensified on Tuesday with Arvind Kejriwal dismissing as
"absurd" talk of Anna Hazare nursing an ambition to become
President and Digvijay Singh asking why they were not
attacking BJP and only targeting his party.
Claiming that Team Anna was not campaigning for any party
in the run up to the October 13 Hisar Lok Sabha bypolls,
Kejriwal said their movement should not be held responsible if
in any way it benefits the opposition.
"We are fighting for systemic changes. We are not
campaigning for anyone or asking voters to vote for a
particular candidate. We are not responsible if opposition is
benefited. It is the Congress which is responsible for this.
"If they make an announcement (about bringing the Jan
Lokpal Bill) today, we will withdraw our entire campaign
against them," he told reporters here.
In New Delhi, Singh asked Hazare why he was not attacking
the BJP and cautioned him against "lofty promises" by that
party of making him a Presidential candidate.
"You have never raised your voice against the BJP,"
Singh, who has been a vocal critic of Team Anna, said and
asked why Hazare was "silent" on the issue of corruption when
the BJP-led NDA was in power.
"What is being seen now is that you have been strongly
opposing the Congress and as against this you have been
praising BJP`s Narendra Modi despite the fact that there is no
Lokayukta in Gujarat for the past nine years," Singh said
in a four-page open letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP