Team Anna-Congress war of words intensifies
Hisar/New Delhi: The Team Anna-Congress war
of words intensified on Tuesday with Arvind Kejriwal dismissing as
"absurd" talk of Anna Hazare nursing an ambition to become
President and Digvijay Singh asking why they were not
attacking BJP and only targeting his party.
Claiming that Team Anna was not campaigning for any party
in the run up to the October 13 Hisar Lok Sabha bypolls,
Kejriwal said their movement should not be held responsible if
in any way it benefits the opposition.
"We are fighting for systemic changes. We are not
campaigning for anyone or asking voters to vote for a
particular candidate. We are not responsible if opposition is
benefited. It is the Congress which is responsible for this.
"If they make an announcement (about bringing the Jan
Lokpal Bill) today, we will withdraw our entire campaign
against them," he told reporters here.
In New Delhi, Singh asked Hazare why he was not attacking
the BJP and cautioned him against "lofty promises" by that
party of making him a Presidential candidate.
"You have never raised your voice against the BJP,"
Singh, who has been a vocal critic of Team Anna, said and
asked why Hazare was "silent" on the issue of corruption when
the BJP-led NDA was in power.
"What is being seen now is that you have been strongly
opposing the Congress and as against this you have been
praising BJP`s Narendra Modi despite the fact that there is no
Lokayukta in Gujarat for the past nine years," Singh said
in a four-page open letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27