Teenage girl sets herself afire
Faridabad: A 17-year-old girl allegedly set herself ablaze after being harassed by a youth and called "woman of loose character" by his mother, police said on Monday.
The girl was admitted to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital with severe burn injuries, where she succumbed, police said.
According to the girl`s mother, a youth named Shekhar harassed the girl on Friday and Saturday, and when they complained to Shekhar`s mother about it, she said the girl had "loose character", they said.
Upset over this, the girl poured kerosene on herself and set herself afire, they said, adding that she was rushed to a hospital here.
Doctors referred her to Safdarjung hospital where she succumbed during treatment, police said.
A case has been lodged and the matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred