Teenage girl sets herself afire
Faridabad: A 17-year-old girl allegedly set herself ablaze after being harassed by a youth and called "woman of loose character" by his mother, police said on Monday.
The girl was admitted to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital with severe burn injuries, where she succumbed, police said.
According to the girl`s mother, a youth named Shekhar harassed the girl on Friday and Saturday, and when they complained to Shekhar`s mother about it, she said the girl had "loose character", they said.
Upset over this, the girl poured kerosene on herself and set herself afire, they said, adding that she was rushed to a hospital here.
Doctors referred her to Safdarjung hospital where she succumbed during treatment, police said.
A case has been lodged and the matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest