Teenage girl sets herself afire
Faridabad: A 17-year-old girl allegedly set herself ablaze after being harassed by a youth and called "woman of loose character" by his mother, police said on Monday.
The girl was admitted to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital with severe burn injuries, where she succumbed, police said.
According to the girl`s mother, a youth named Shekhar harassed the girl on Friday and Saturday, and when they complained to Shekhar`s mother about it, she said the girl had "loose character", they said.
Upset over this, the girl poured kerosene on herself and set herself afire, they said, adding that she was rushed to a hospital here.
Doctors referred her to Safdarjung hospital where she succumbed during treatment, police said.
A case has been lodged and the matter is being probed, they said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video