Teenage girl sets herself afire
Faridabad: A 17-year-old girl allegedly set herself ablaze after being harassed by a youth and called "woman of loose character" by his mother, police said on Monday.
The girl was admitted to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital with severe burn injuries, where she succumbed, police said.
According to the girl`s mother, a youth named Shekhar harassed the girl on Friday and Saturday, and when they complained to Shekhar`s mother about it, she said the girl had "loose character", they said.
Upset over this, the girl poured kerosene on herself and set herself afire, they said, adding that she was rushed to a hospital here.
Doctors referred her to Safdarjung hospital where she succumbed during treatment, police said.
A case has been lodged and the matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year