Teenage girl sets herself afire
Faridabad: A 17-year-old girl allegedly set herself ablaze after being harassed by a youth and called "woman of loose character" by his mother, police said on Monday.
The girl was admitted to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital with severe burn injuries, where she succumbed, police said.
According to the girl`s mother, a youth named Shekhar harassed the girl on Friday and Saturday, and when they complained to Shekhar`s mother about it, she said the girl had "loose character", they said.
Upset over this, the girl poured kerosene on herself and set herself afire, they said, adding that she was rushed to a hospital here.
Doctors referred her to Safdarjung hospital where she succumbed during treatment, police said.
A case has been lodged and the matter is being probed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM