Teenage girl sexually exploited by relative in Haryana
Rewari: A teenage girl was allegedly sexually exploited for months by two persons, including a distant relative, police said on Thursday.
On a complaint filed on Tuesday by the 19-year-old girl, a student of a private college at Mahendergarh, police registered a case of gang-rape, abduction, criminal intimidation and wrongful confinement against Pritam, husband of the girl`s cousin, and his younger brother Bittoo.
Both are residents of Dharan village in Bawal tehsil of Rewari district, police said.
In her complaint, she stated that a few months ago she had gone to the village to see her cousin where she was administered some sedative in a soft drink after which she was sexually assaulted by both Pritam and Bittoo.
The two accused filmed the act and prepared its CD. She also said the duo, while holding out a threat to circulate the CD, continued to exploit her sexually for the past few months.
Police further said that Pritam forced her to enter into wedlock with Bittoo at a temple in Narnaul on February 28.
Later on, she mustered the courage to approach the police with a complaint against the duo.
Her medical examination was conducted at the civil hospital at Mahendergarh yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Saudi Arabia to launch seven high-speed trains to connect holy sites
- Severe obesity solely responsible for risk of heart failure: Research
- South Africa vs New Zealand: 1st Test drawn as sodden outfield prevails at Kingsmead
- Gold smuggling: Government loses over $1 billion in revenue
- Govt rejects Infosys proposal to set up IT SEZ in West Bengal