Teenage girl sexually exploited by relative in Haryana
Rewari: A teenage girl was allegedly sexually exploited for months by two persons, including a distant relative, police said on Thursday.
On a complaint filed on Tuesday by the 19-year-old girl, a student of a private college at Mahendergarh, police registered a case of gang-rape, abduction, criminal intimidation and wrongful confinement against Pritam, husband of the girl`s cousin, and his younger brother Bittoo.
Both are residents of Dharan village in Bawal tehsil of Rewari district, police said.
In her complaint, she stated that a few months ago she had gone to the village to see her cousin where she was administered some sedative in a soft drink after which she was sexually assaulted by both Pritam and Bittoo.
The two accused filmed the act and prepared its CD. She also said the duo, while holding out a threat to circulate the CD, continued to exploit her sexually for the past few months.
Police further said that Pritam forced her to enter into wedlock with Bittoo at a temple in Narnaul on February 28.
Later on, she mustered the courage to approach the police with a complaint against the duo.
Her medical examination was conducted at the civil hospital at Mahendergarh yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair
- Toll in Kashmir unrest climbs to 47, curfew continues in five districts
- AAP MLA Naresh Yadav, booked in Malerkotla sacrilege incident, arrested by Punjab police
- Ahead of key confidence vote, Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli resigns as prime minister
- Floods affect over 6 lakh in 14 Assam districts, toll rises to seven