Teenager gangraped in Haryana, 4 accused arrested
Chandigarh: In yet another incident of gangrape involving a teenage girl in Haryana, a Class XI student was allegedly sexually assaulted by four men in the godown of a shop in Gohana town in Sonepat district.
All four accused have been arrested, Gohana`s Deputy Superintendent of Police, Yashpal Singh Khatana, said Saturday.
The 16-year-old girl, a student of a private school, was raped on Thursday afternoon when she had gone to the shop to buy something.
The shop owner, identified as Kali, told her to pick the items from the godown where he raped her along with Harish, Santy and Deepak, Khatana said.
The girl was threatened of dire consequences if she narrated the incident to anybody, he said, adding that she confided in her mother following which a police complaint was lodged by her uncle yesterday.
"We had arrested Kali and Harish yesterday while Santy and Deepak were nabbed today," the DSP said.
All the accused belong to Gohana, he said.
The incident comes close on the heels of alleged gangrape with a 32-year-old woman in Jind district and a teenage girl in a Hisar village on September 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok