Teenager gangraped in Haryana, 4 accused arrested
Chandigarh: In yet another incident of gangrape involving a teenage girl in Haryana, a Class XI student was allegedly sexually assaulted by four men in the godown of a shop in Gohana town in Sonepat district.
All four accused have been arrested, Gohana`s Deputy Superintendent of Police, Yashpal Singh Khatana, said Saturday.
The 16-year-old girl, a student of a private school, was raped on Thursday afternoon when she had gone to the shop to buy something.
The shop owner, identified as Kali, told her to pick the items from the godown where he raped her along with Harish, Santy and Deepak, Khatana said.
The girl was threatened of dire consequences if she narrated the incident to anybody, he said, adding that she confided in her mother following which a police complaint was lodged by her uncle yesterday.
"We had arrested Kali and Harish yesterday while Santy and Deepak were nabbed today," the DSP said.
All the accused belong to Gohana, he said.
The incident comes close on the heels of alleged gangrape with a 32-year-old woman in Jind district and a teenage girl in a Hisar village on September 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?