Temperatures rise marginally in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Barring Adampur in Punjab that reeled under intense chill at minus 0.4 degrees Celsius, minimum temperatures at many places in the state and neighbouring Haryana witnessed a marginal increase on Thursday.
For the second day today, bright sunshine greeted the residents at most places in the two states and their joint capital here, where the minimum temperature rose by nearly four notches since yesterday to settle at 6 degrees C.
While minimum temperature in Adampur settled three notches below normal, Bathinda registered a slight increase in its minimum since yesterday to settle at 3.6 degrees C.
The minimum temperatures at Amritsar (2.6 degree C), Ludhiana (6.3 degree C) and Patiala (5.7 degree C) settled within the normal range, the weather office here said.
Bhiwani and Hisar in Haryana recorded respective lows of 4 degrees C and 5.5 degrees C.
Ambala registered a low of 6.5 degrees C, while Karnal`s low was 4.4 degrees C.
The maximum temperatures, too, have gone up in the plains since yesterday, providing the much-needed respite to the people from biting cold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal