Temperatures rise marginally in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Barring Adampur in Punjab that reeled under intense chill at minus 0.4 degrees Celsius, minimum temperatures at many places in the state and neighbouring Haryana witnessed a marginal increase on Thursday.
For the second day today, bright sunshine greeted the residents at most places in the two states and their joint capital here, where the minimum temperature rose by nearly four notches since yesterday to settle at 6 degrees C.
While minimum temperature in Adampur settled three notches below normal, Bathinda registered a slight increase in its minimum since yesterday to settle at 3.6 degrees C.
The minimum temperatures at Amritsar (2.6 degree C), Ludhiana (6.3 degree C) and Patiala (5.7 degree C) settled within the normal range, the weather office here said.
Bhiwani and Hisar in Haryana recorded respective lows of 4 degrees C and 5.5 degrees C.
Ambala registered a low of 6.5 degrees C, while Karnal`s low was 4.4 degrees C.
The maximum temperatures, too, have gone up in the plains since yesterday, providing the much-needed respite to the people from biting cold.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?