Temperatures rise marginally in Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Barring Adampur in Punjab that reeled under intense chill at minus 0.4 degrees Celsius, minimum temperatures at many places in the state and neighbouring Haryana witnessed a marginal increase on Thursday.
For the second day today, bright sunshine greeted the residents at most places in the two states and their joint capital here, where the minimum temperature rose by nearly four notches since yesterday to settle at 6 degrees C.
While minimum temperature in Adampur settled three notches below normal, Bathinda registered a slight increase in its minimum since yesterday to settle at 3.6 degrees C.
The minimum temperatures at Amritsar (2.6 degree C), Ludhiana (6.3 degree C) and Patiala (5.7 degree C) settled within the normal range, the weather office here said.
Bhiwani and Hisar in Haryana recorded respective lows of 4 degrees C and 5.5 degrees C.
Ambala registered a low of 6.5 degrees C, while Karnal`s low was 4.4 degrees C.
The maximum temperatures, too, have gone up in the plains since yesterday, providing the much-needed respite to the people from biting cold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray