Tension in Hisar after 2 killed over land dispute
Hisar: Two persons were killed, including one in police firing, after a clash broke out between two groups over construction on a disputed piece of land in Barwala area of the district.
Tension started when some persons tried to construct a wall on the land, claiming their possession over it, police said.
They were opposed by the rival group which was claiming ownership of the land.
During heated exchange of words, one of its members allegedly opened fire, leading to the death of one person identified as Balwinder Balmiki.
Infuriated over the killing, family members of the deceased blocked the Barwala-Chandigarh road and pelted stones at the police, they said.
Apprehending an attack, police resorted to firing in which another person, identified as 17-year-old Neeraj Balmiki, sustained bullet injuries and later succumbed to the wounds.
SP Satheesh B Balan has assured the protesters that the accused will soon be behind the bars.
Meanwhile, additional security forces have been deployed in the area to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!