Tension in Hisar after 2 killed over land dispute
Hisar: Two persons were killed, including one in police firing, after a clash broke out between two groups over construction on a disputed piece of land in Barwala area of the district.
Tension started when some persons tried to construct a wall on the land, claiming their possession over it, police said.
They were opposed by the rival group which was claiming ownership of the land.
During heated exchange of words, one of its members allegedly opened fire, leading to the death of one person identified as Balwinder Balmiki.
Infuriated over the killing, family members of the deceased blocked the Barwala-Chandigarh road and pelted stones at the police, they said.
Apprehending an attack, police resorted to firing in which another person, identified as 17-year-old Neeraj Balmiki, sustained bullet injuries and later succumbed to the wounds.
SP Satheesh B Balan has assured the protesters that the accused will soon be behind the bars.
Meanwhile, additional security forces have been deployed in the area to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!