Thirteen booked for suspected honour killing
Chandigarh: Thirteen people have been booked
in a suspected case of honour killing of an upper caste youth
who had an affair with a Dalit girl, police said on Sunday.
28-year-old Krishan Nain`s body was recovered from a
canal in Hisar`s Adampur on Tuesday, they said.
Police said Nain, a resident of Amargarh village in Jind
district, had first met the Dalit girl at a marriage function
two years ago.
The couple recently decided to tie the knot but the move
was strongly opposed by the girl`s family.
A village panchayat had also been convened recently over
the matter and the girl`s family had decided to move out of
Amargarh village and shift to Narwana, near Jind, police said.
However, Nain kept meeting the girl which annoyed the
latter`s family. Police said the girl had been kept at her
uncle`s house in Narwana some days back.
According to the victim`s mobile phone call details, he
had received the last call from the cellphone number which was
registered in the name of the girl`s cousin, they said.
Police said Nain was called to Narwana on October 16 by
the girl`s family following which he went missing and his
cellphone remained switched off.
Postmortem would be conducted at PGIMS, Rohtak, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!