Three arrested for double murder in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: Three men have been arrested for the murder of two people here, including a woman, police said Friday.
Sunil alias Sunny, 31, resident of Badshahpur here, was arrested with his accomplices Anil Solanki, of Matiala village under Uttam Nagar police station of Delhi, and Varun, a resident of Kaithal in Haryana.
They had shot dead Rakesh Yadav, 22, of Badshahpur Feb 3 near Tau Devilal stadium here.
The body of Vanita, 27, was found in a secluded spot under Rajendra Park police station early Feb 4. It bore three bullet wounds.
"Sunil and his two accomplices murdered the two," said Rajesh Duggal, deputy commissioner of police (crime).
In early 2012, Sunil`s wife Vanita had lodged a complaint against Rakesh`s cousin Ravi, 20.
She later withdrew her complaint as she had illicit relations with Rakesh, to which Sunil objected to.
Vanita shifted to her parent`s house in Kiranj near Sohna. However, Sunil started living with her again in a rented house.
Sunil and his accomplices planned and executed the murders over Vanita`s relationship with Rakesh, police said.
Two pistols, a revolver and their cartridges were recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown