Three arrested for eve-teasing girl
Jind (Haryana): Three people, including a minor, have been arrested for allegedly eve-teasing a girl in Railway Colony here and threatening her when she protested.
Two of the accused, who were absconding, were caught and produced before a court on Friday, police said.
A resident of the colony had filed a complaint on March 22 with the police that his 16-year-old daughter was passing a bylane when the three approached her.
They allegedly also threatened the girl with her life when she objected to the eve-teasing.
While an accused, Rohit, was arrested and sent to jail earlier, the minor and one Naveen were presented before a court today.
The minor was sent to Bostal jail in Hisar and the other accused was remanded in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister