Three girls go missing from shelter home in Karnal
Chandigarh: Close on the heels of Rohtak`s Apna Ghar shelter home controversy, three girl inmates of a shelter home in Haryana`s Karnal town have gone missing under mysterious circumstances, police said here on Tuesday.
The girls belong to Nari Niketan shelter home.
While one went missing on Sunday, the other two where found missing last night, police said.
Karnal Deputy Commissioner Renu Phulia and SP Shashank Anand today visited Nari Niketan at Karnal, about 130 km from here.
Though none of the three girls have been rescued as yet, Anand claimed the whereabouts of one have been traced.
A special team had been constituted to rescue the three girls, he said.
A probe had also been ordered by the Karnal district administration to check out the circumstances under which the inmates had gone missing from the complex, which remains under security.
The girls who have gone missing hail from Allahbad, Charki Dadri in Sirsa and Jhajjar.
The Nari Niketan, where some inmates of Rohtak`s Apna Ghar shelter home have also been kept, houses girls including those rescued from flesh trade rackets.
Meanwhile, police have registered a case in the Nari Niketan incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies