Jind: Three members of a family were killed and ten others suffered burn injuries when a fire broke out in their house in Jullana town of the district, police said on Thursday.
The fire broke out yesterday in a cloth showroom on the ground floor of the shop-cum-residential building and soon it engulfed the upper storey of the building where the family of the owner of the premises was residing.
Khairati Lal (60) and his wife Santosh (55) died on the spot in the blaze, while their daughter Sonia (28), who received serious burn injuries, succumbed to her injuries on way to a hospital.
The other injured family members were admitted to a local hospital for treatment, from where some of those who received serious burn injuries were shifted to PGIMS at Rohtak.
An electric short circuit in the building was stated to be the cause behind the fire.