Three persons held in cheating case in Haryana
Rewari: Three employees of a private finance company were arrested in a cheating case here, police said on Saturday.
The three accused were identified as David Welham, a native of Thailand, Arun Sharma of Faridabad and Saket of Mumbai.
The complainant, Sanjiv Kumar of Dharuhera, alleged that the trio promised to arrange him a loan of Rs 45 crore from the finance company for constructing a shopping complex at Dharuhera and in return sought Rs 21 lakh.
Kumar in his complaint alleged that in January this year he had gone to Bangkok where he paid Rs 21 lakh to David Welham, an official of the company.
However, when nothing concrete emerged even after his repeated requests and reminders, Sanjiv later approached the police with a complaint.
The accused were yesterday produced in a local court which remanded them in police custody for five days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption