Three persons held in cheating case in Haryana
Rewari: Three employees of a private finance company were arrested in a cheating case here, police said on Saturday.
The three accused were identified as David Welham, a native of Thailand, Arun Sharma of Faridabad and Saket of Mumbai.
The complainant, Sanjiv Kumar of Dharuhera, alleged that the trio promised to arrange him a loan of Rs 45 crore from the finance company for constructing a shopping complex at Dharuhera and in return sought Rs 21 lakh.
Kumar in his complaint alleged that in January this year he had gone to Bangkok where he paid Rs 21 lakh to David Welham, an official of the company.
However, when nothing concrete emerged even after his repeated requests and reminders, Sanjiv later approached the police with a complaint.
The accused were yesterday produced in a local court which remanded them in police custody for five days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference