Three persons held in cheating case in Haryana
Rewari: Three employees of a private finance company were arrested in a cheating case here, police said on Saturday.
The three accused were identified as David Welham, a native of Thailand, Arun Sharma of Faridabad and Saket of Mumbai.
The complainant, Sanjiv Kumar of Dharuhera, alleged that the trio promised to arrange him a loan of Rs 45 crore from the finance company for constructing a shopping complex at Dharuhera and in return sought Rs 21 lakh.
Kumar in his complaint alleged that in January this year he had gone to Bangkok where he paid Rs 21 lakh to David Welham, an official of the company.
However, when nothing concrete emerged even after his repeated requests and reminders, Sanjiv later approached the police with a complaint.
The accused were yesterday produced in a local court which remanded them in police custody for five days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog