Three persons held in cheating case in Haryana
Rewari: Three employees of a private finance company were arrested in a cheating case here, police said on Saturday.
The three accused were identified as David Welham, a native of Thailand, Arun Sharma of Faridabad and Saket of Mumbai.
The complainant, Sanjiv Kumar of Dharuhera, alleged that the trio promised to arrange him a loan of Rs 45 crore from the finance company for constructing a shopping complex at Dharuhera and in return sought Rs 21 lakh.
Kumar in his complaint alleged that in January this year he had gone to Bangkok where he paid Rs 21 lakh to David Welham, an official of the company.
However, when nothing concrete emerged even after his repeated requests and reminders, Sanjiv later approached the police with a complaint.
The accused were yesterday produced in a local court which remanded them in police custody for five days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30