Three SC youths murdered in Jhajjar district
Rohtak: Three cousins belonging to a
Schedule Caste (SC) community were allegedly hacked to death
by unidentified persons in Jhajjar district, police said here
Sonu (20), Narender (15) and Manjeet (10), were murdered
last night when they were asleep in their cattle house in
Mandhothi village under Bahadurgarh sub-division of Jhajjar
district, police said.
Sonu was a private bus conductor while Narender and
Manjeet were the students.
Alok Mittal, Inspector General of Police (IG) of the
Rohtak Range Police, told PTI that the incident came to notice
when an elderly man of the family woke up to answer nature`s
call at nearly 2am, last night.
"He spotted a man jumping over the fencing of their
cattle house which was located some meters away from his home.
Sensing some untoward happening, he rushed to the cattle house
and found Sonu, Narender and Manjeet lying in a pool of blood
on two `charpayis` (cot) inside there," said the IG, adding
all were rushed to PGIMS Rohtak where they succumbed to their
The bodies bore injuries marks on the heads, which might
have been inflicted by some sharp-edged weapons. Though no
weapon had been recovered from the spot, IG added.
A forensic expert visited the spot and had collected some
blood samples, Mittal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?