Tiger injures eight persons; shot dead in Karnal
Karnal: Panic gripped the residents of a colony here after a tiger strayed into the area
and attacked eight persons.
The tiger, about three-year-old, was later shot dead by the police.
The wildcat suddenly appeared in the private colony near Karnal sugar mill and injured the eight persons last night, police said.
The residents informed sadar police, following which station house officer Gorakh Pal Rana soon reached the spot with force. He then shot the tiger dead, they said.
The injured have been admitted to Civil Hospital.
They said the carcass was taken to Veterinary Hospital for postmortem.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane