Tiger injures eight persons; shot dead in Karnal
Karnal: Panic gripped the residents of a colony here after a tiger strayed into the area
and attacked eight persons.
The tiger, about three-year-old, was later shot dead by the police.
The wildcat suddenly appeared in the private colony near Karnal sugar mill and injured the eight persons last night, police said.
The residents informed sadar police, following which station house officer Gorakh Pal Rana soon reached the spot with force. He then shot the tiger dead, they said.
The injured have been admitted to Civil Hospital.
They said the carcass was taken to Veterinary Hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Delhi government seeks taxi unions' views over ban on diesel cab
- Real estate developers to land in trouble for taking consumers 'for a ride'
- Pakistan's ISI using mobile apps to lure Indian jawans, retired officials: Report
- IS may be making chemical weapons, warns watchdog