Tiger injures eight persons; shot dead in Karnal
Karnal: Panic gripped the residents of a colony here after a tiger strayed into the area
and attacked eight persons.
The tiger, about three-year-old, was later shot dead by the police.
The wildcat suddenly appeared in the private colony near Karnal sugar mill and injured the eight persons last night, police said.
The residents informed sadar police, following which station house officer Gorakh Pal Rana soon reached the spot with force. He then shot the tiger dead, they said.
The injured have been admitted to Civil Hospital.
They said the carcass was taken to Veterinary Hospital for postmortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another