Tigress killed by tiger in Haryana zoo
Bhiwani (Har): A tigress was killed by a tiger in a local zoo, the second such incident involving the big cat.
The tiger Apaya entered the enclosure of the tigress Rani and fatally attacked her at Surender Singh Memorial Zoo here yesterday, officials said on Thursday.
Zoo employees and the care taker tried to save the tigress but failed, they said.
Zoo sources said Apaya had killed a tigress in December 2009 also.
Another tiger Brondis had killed a caretaker in January last year.
District Forest officer (Wildlife) Shakti Singh said that Rani was buried on the zoo premises.
With the death of the tigress, only five tigers are now left in captivity in Haryana-- two each in Bhiwani and Rohtak zoos and one in Pipli.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires