Tihar orders inquiry into Chautala addressing rally from jail
New Delhi: Tihar Jail authorities are conducting an inquiry into jailed Indian National Lok Dal leader Ajay Chautala allegedly addressing of public rally in Haryana through phone from the prison, a senior official said on Monday.
"We are conducting a probe into the matter, as we need to verify the facts. We would get the report soon and necessary action would be taken if the allegations are found to be true," Vimla Mehra, Director General of Prisons, told PTI.
According to reports, Chautala, who is in Tihar jail after being convicted and sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in Junior Basic Teachers scam case along with his father Om Prakash Chautala, received a call from his son Dushyant on Wednesday last who put him on speakerphone to address a rally in Sonepat. He allegedly spoke for five minutes.
According to jail officials, all the inmates are allowed to talk to their family every day for five minutes through phone but Chautala used it to update the crowd about his father`s health.
The father and son, along with eight others, are serving a 10-year jail term after being convicted by a Delhi court for their involvement in irregular appointment of teachers in 2000.
One of the convict was sentenced to five years and 45 others were handed out four-year jail terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das