Tihar orders inquiry into Chautala addressing rally from jail
New Delhi: Tihar Jail authorities are conducting an inquiry into jailed Indian National Lok Dal leader Ajay Chautala allegedly addressing of public rally in Haryana through phone from the prison, a senior official said on Monday.
"We are conducting a probe into the matter, as we need to verify the facts. We would get the report soon and necessary action would be taken if the allegations are found to be true," Vimla Mehra, Director General of Prisons, told PTI.
According to reports, Chautala, who is in Tihar jail after being convicted and sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in Junior Basic Teachers scam case along with his father Om Prakash Chautala, received a call from his son Dushyant on Wednesday last who put him on speakerphone to address a rally in Sonepat. He allegedly spoke for five minutes.
According to jail officials, all the inmates are allowed to talk to their family every day for five minutes through phone but Chautala used it to update the crowd about his father`s health.
The father and son, along with eight others, are serving a 10-year jail term after being convicted by a Delhi court for their involvement in irregular appointment of teachers in 2000.
One of the convict was sentenced to five years and 45 others were handed out four-year jail terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31