Tihar orders inquiry into Chautala addressing rally from jail
New Delhi: Tihar Jail authorities are conducting an inquiry into jailed Indian National Lok Dal leader Ajay Chautala allegedly addressing of public rally in Haryana through phone from the prison, a senior official said on Monday.
"We are conducting a probe into the matter, as we need to verify the facts. We would get the report soon and necessary action would be taken if the allegations are found to be true," Vimla Mehra, Director General of Prisons, told PTI.
According to reports, Chautala, who is in Tihar jail after being convicted and sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in Junior Basic Teachers scam case along with his father Om Prakash Chautala, received a call from his son Dushyant on Wednesday last who put him on speakerphone to address a rally in Sonepat. He allegedly spoke for five minutes.
According to jail officials, all the inmates are allowed to talk to their family every day for five minutes through phone but Chautala used it to update the crowd about his father`s health.
The father and son, along with eight others, are serving a 10-year jail term after being convicted by a Delhi court for their involvement in irregular appointment of teachers in 2000.
One of the convict was sentenced to five years and 45 others were handed out four-year jail terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital