TMC launches membership drive in Haryana, HP
Chandigarh: After opening its first north zone office here recently, Trinamool Congress on Friday launched a membership drive in Haryana and Himachal Pardesh.
Launching the drive, party MP Kanwar Deep Singh said the TMC expected to register four lakhs members each in Haryana and Himachal Pardesh in the first phase of its drive in the next three months.
He said the party would launch a membership drive in Punjab within a fortnight.
Singh said the party would contest the next Assembly polls in Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab. "We will put our candidates in all the assembly seats of northern states," he said, apparently buoyed by the party`s victory in a recent Assembly bye-election in Uttar Pradesh.
Trinamool Congress made its debut in Uttar Pradesh politics when it humbled the Samajwadi Party and the Rashtriya Lok Dal in the Mant bye-election last week.
Singh said office bearers at district level would soon be appointed in Haryana and Himachal Pradesh.
On the occasion, Sunderpal, an old associate of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda joined the Trinamool Congress. Sunderpal had recently resigned as Hooda`s media advisor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?