Toll plaza attendant shot dead for Rs 27
Gurgaon: In a brazen act, a young attendant
at a Toll plaza here was shot dead by passengers in a car a
little past midnight when he asked for the toll fee of Rs 27
from them, police said on Friday.
According to Gurgaon Police Commissioner SS Deswal,
22-year-old attendant Umesh Kumar Pandey had asked for the
toll tax from the car owners at around 12:30 am at Kheri
The car owners refused to pay and insisted that they be
allowed to go. When Umesh insisted for the payment, an
occupant in the car owner took out a revolver and fired at
him from point blank range.
The bullet pierced his neck, resulting in his spot death,
The police have registered an FIR against unknown persons
and got the CCTV footage to trace the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore