Toll plaza attendant shot dead for Rs 27
Gurgaon: In a brazen act, a young attendant
at a Toll plaza here was shot dead by passengers in a car a
little past midnight when he asked for the toll fee of Rs 27
from them, police said on Friday.
According to Gurgaon Police Commissioner SS Deswal,
22-year-old attendant Umesh Kumar Pandey had asked for the
toll tax from the car owners at around 12:30 am at Kheri
The car owners refused to pay and insisted that they be
allowed to go. When Umesh insisted for the payment, an
occupant in the car owner took out a revolver and fired at
him from point blank range.
The bullet pierced his neck, resulting in his spot death,
The police have registered an FIR against unknown persons
and got the CCTV footage to trace the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence