Toll plaza attendant shot dead for Rs 27
Gurgaon: In a brazen act, a young attendant
at a Toll plaza here was shot dead by passengers in a car a
little past midnight when he asked for the toll fee of Rs 27
from them, police said on Friday.
According to Gurgaon Police Commissioner SS Deswal,
22-year-old attendant Umesh Kumar Pandey had asked for the
toll tax from the car owners at around 12:30 am at Kheri
The car owners refused to pay and insisted that they be
allowed to go. When Umesh insisted for the payment, an
occupant in the car owner took out a revolver and fired at
him from point blank range.
The bullet pierced his neck, resulting in his spot death,
The police have registered an FIR against unknown persons
and got the CCTV footage to trace the culprits.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory