Toll plaza: Police teams formed to nab killers
Gurgaon: A day after an attendant at a toll
plaza at Kheri Daula here was shot dead, police on Saturday formed
teams to track down the killers.
"Various teams have been formed to trace the culprits,"
Gurgaon Police Commissioner SS Deswal said.
However, no clues had so far been found in connection
with the murder of attendant Umesh Kumar Pandey, he said.
According to the post mortem report, Pandey was killed by
a bullet, fired from a pistol or a country-made revolver,
The Police Commissioner said the scene of the crime was
not kept intact for photographs and for collecting forensic
CCTV footages showed a person in Bolero vehicle first
showed an identity card to Pandey who insisted for car toll of
Rs 27 at toll number 11, Deswal said.
However, after a few seconds hot arguments ensued and
Pandey closed the toll window and his cabin door from inside,
the police officer said.
After some time, Pandey opened the window as he found the
vehicle still there, he said.
The assailant immediately took out a weapon and fired at
Pandey at six minutes past midnight on the intervening night
of September 22-23 and immediately sped away in the vehicle,
Injured Pandey opened his door and called for help but
collapsed in his cabin.
As per the CCTV footage, it appeared the staff at the
toll was not aware about the incident, the Police Commissioner
The police control room was informed about the incident
at 12:46 am, Deswal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand