Toll plaza: Police teams formed to nab killers
Gurgaon: A day after an attendant at a toll
plaza at Kheri Daula here was shot dead, police on Saturday formed
teams to track down the killers.
"Various teams have been formed to trace the culprits,"
Gurgaon Police Commissioner SS Deswal said.
However, no clues had so far been found in connection
with the murder of attendant Umesh Kumar Pandey, he said.
According to the post mortem report, Pandey was killed by
a bullet, fired from a pistol or a country-made revolver,
The Police Commissioner said the scene of the crime was
not kept intact for photographs and for collecting forensic
CCTV footages showed a person in Bolero vehicle first
showed an identity card to Pandey who insisted for car toll of
Rs 27 at toll number 11, Deswal said.
However, after a few seconds hot arguments ensued and
Pandey closed the toll window and his cabin door from inside,
the police officer said.
After some time, Pandey opened the window as he found the
vehicle still there, he said.
The assailant immediately took out a weapon and fired at
Pandey at six minutes past midnight on the intervening night
of September 22-23 and immediately sped away in the vehicle,
Injured Pandey opened his door and called for help but
collapsed in his cabin.
As per the CCTV footage, it appeared the staff at the
toll was not aware about the incident, the Police Commissioner
The police control room was informed about the incident
at 12:46 am, Deswal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'