Trader`s house looted in Rohtak
Rohtak: Some armed men allegedly looted Rs 3 lakh cash and some jewellery at gun point from a trader`s house after taking the family hostage at Kaccha Beri Road here, police said today.
The accused fled from the spot after perpetrating the crime, police said, adding a case of loot had been registered in this regard.
The incident took place last night when trader Praveen Kumar’s mother Shakuntala and daughter Isha were present at the house. The miscreants barged into the house and looted cash and jewellery from the house after taking the two women hostage.
Rohtak SP Vivek Sharma said three police teams have been constituted to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report