Traders, INLD workers hold demo against rising the
Jhajjar: Traders and INLD supporters on Tuesday held a protest demonstrations against the recent incidents of thefts in Beri town here.
The protesters also burnt the effigy of Congress MLA from Beri and former Speaker of Haryana Vidhan Sabha, Raghubir Singh Kadian, at Shiv Chowk here.
Thefts incidents targeting traders and shopkeepers had been on rise for the past some time but the police was not making any effort to check these, protesters alleged.
"Criminals are perpetrating heinous crime across the state without any fear while the government is not taking any firm step to bring down the rising rate of crime," said former MLA and INLD leader Om Prakash Beri while addressing the protesters.
Traders had so many times approached the police to enhance night patrolling in Beri town but to no avail, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics