Traders, INLD workers hold demo against rising the
Jhajjar: Traders and INLD supporters on Tuesday held a protest demonstrations against the recent incidents of thefts in Beri town here.
The protesters also burnt the effigy of Congress MLA from Beri and former Speaker of Haryana Vidhan Sabha, Raghubir Singh Kadian, at Shiv Chowk here.
Thefts incidents targeting traders and shopkeepers had been on rise for the past some time but the police was not making any effort to check these, protesters alleged.
"Criminals are perpetrating heinous crime across the state without any fear while the government is not taking any firm step to bring down the rising rate of crime," said former MLA and INLD leader Om Prakash Beri while addressing the protesters.
Traders had so many times approached the police to enhance night patrolling in Beri town but to no avail, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!