Trial against Haryana MLA Chautala begins
New Delhi: Haryana MLA Ajay Chautala`s trial
in a disproportionate assets case began here on Friday with a
Delhi court recording the statement of first prosecution
The trial against Ajay Chautala, son of former Haryana
chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, commenced in the court of
Special CBI Judge P S Teji which recorded the statement of
witness Ram Niwas, a state home ministry official.
As Niwas` deposition remained inconclusive, Special Judge
Teji deferred it to the next date of hearing on December 2.
The court after finding prima facie evidence against
Indian National Lok Dal leader Ajay Chautala had framed
charges against him under various provisions of the Prevention
of Corruption Act.
It had also framed charges against five other persons in
whose names Ajay had purchased "Benami" properties and said
they have been accused of abetting Chautala in committing the
They included Chet Ram, Om Prakash, Abhimanyu Singh,
Rajender Kumar and Net Ram in whose names the INLD leader had
allegedly bought his properties, including a farm house and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!