Trial against Haryana MLA Chautala begins
New Delhi: Haryana MLA Ajay Chautala`s trial
in a disproportionate assets case began here on Friday with a
Delhi court recording the statement of first prosecution
The trial against Ajay Chautala, son of former Haryana
chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, commenced in the court of
Special CBI Judge P S Teji which recorded the statement of
witness Ram Niwas, a state home ministry official.
As Niwas` deposition remained inconclusive, Special Judge
Teji deferred it to the next date of hearing on December 2.
The court after finding prima facie evidence against
Indian National Lok Dal leader Ajay Chautala had framed
charges against him under various provisions of the Prevention
of Corruption Act.
It had also framed charges against five other persons in
whose names Ajay had purchased "Benami" properties and said
they have been accused of abetting Chautala in committing the
They included Chet Ram, Om Prakash, Abhimanyu Singh,
Rajender Kumar and Net Ram in whose names the INLD leader had
allegedly bought his properties, including a farm house and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble