Trial against Haryana MLA Chautala begins
New Delhi: Haryana MLA Ajay Chautala`s trial
in a disproportionate assets case began here on Friday with a
Delhi court recording the statement of first prosecution
The trial against Ajay Chautala, son of former Haryana
chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, commenced in the court of
Special CBI Judge P S Teji which recorded the statement of
witness Ram Niwas, a state home ministry official.
As Niwas` deposition remained inconclusive, Special Judge
Teji deferred it to the next date of hearing on December 2.
The court after finding prima facie evidence against
Indian National Lok Dal leader Ajay Chautala had framed
charges against him under various provisions of the Prevention
of Corruption Act.
It had also framed charges against five other persons in
whose names Ajay had purchased "Benami" properties and said
they have been accused of abetting Chautala in committing the
They included Chet Ram, Om Prakash, Abhimanyu Singh,
Rajender Kumar and Net Ram in whose names the INLD leader had
allegedly bought his properties, including a farm house and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Probe ordered into killing of snake charmer in Madhya Pradesh
- Maharashtra govt to write to PM for CBI probe into disappearance of tiger
- Gujarat Assembly committee raps GSPC for 'over confidence'
- Head constable arrested for taking bribe
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie