Truck rams into a mini-truck, kills two in Haryana
Gurgaon: Two people were killed and three others injured after a truck rammed into a stationary mini-truck on the National Highway-8 near Haryana`s Manesar town early Friday, police said.
Kasim, 50, and Bhagwandas, 55, were travelling from Rajasthan to New Delhi when the mini-truck they were riding in with three others broke down with a flat tyre near industrial town of Manesar in Gurgaon district around 1.30 am.
"They were replacing the flat tyre when a speeding truck rammed into their vehicle from behind," investigation officer Ramphal said.
While Kasim and Bhagwandas, both from Delhi`s Sultanpuri area, died on the spot, the other three suffered severe injuried and were rushed to a private hospital in Gurgaon, the officer added.
The driver of the truck, which has a Maharashtra registration number, abandoned the vehicle and fled from the accident site. A case against him has been registered at the Manesar police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand