Tutor`s brother gets 10-year jail for raping student in Gurgaon
Gurgaon: A court here Saturday awarded 10 years rigorous imprisonment to a man who raped a seven-year-old girl who had come to his house for taking tuitions from his sister.
Additional Sessions Judge Vikram Aggarwal sent Dikraj, in his early 20s, to 10 years rigorous imprisonment and slapped a fine of Rs.25,000 on him.
He was found guilty of rape and threatening the victim and her family and was convicted under various penal provisions including the Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act.
The girl was raped March 12 in Dikraj`s house in Pataudi, police said. Dikraj took the victim to an empty room in his house and raped her.
The failure to pay the Rs.25,000 fine would invite additional imprisonment of two years and three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test