Two cab drivers held for kidnapping Gurgaon boy
Gurgaon: Two cab drivers were arrested here for kidnapping a Border Security Force (BSF) trooper`s minor boy, police said Monday. A TV channel`s cameraman, who was allegedly involved in the plot, is on the run and untraceable.
Cab drivers Ajit singh and Ravinder Singh alias Lala, both residents of Bhondsi village, were arrested Monday from their village, police said.
Prince Raghav, 8, son of BSF trooper Vinod Singh, was abducted from outside his house in Bhondsi village Saturday around 6 a.m. He returned home around 9.30 a.m. after escaping from the window of a room where he was held in captivity by the accused, police said.
Co-accused Sanjay Rathore and Vijay Singh alias Tinku are missing and on the run, police said.
"Sanjay Rathore, a cameraman working for a national news channel, hatched the conspiracy with three cab drivers," Varun Dahiya, chief of Bhondsi police station said.
"As some of the accused were known to the victim, they had plans to kill him after collecting the ransom," said another police officer, who did not wish to be named.
The kidnappers made a ransom call to the boy`s home demanding Rs.5 lakh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog