Two cab drivers held for kidnapping Gurgaon boy
Gurgaon: Two cab drivers were arrested here for kidnapping a Border Security Force (BSF) trooper`s minor boy, police said Monday. A TV channel`s cameraman, who was allegedly involved in the plot, is on the run and untraceable.
Cab drivers Ajit singh and Ravinder Singh alias Lala, both residents of Bhondsi village, were arrested Monday from their village, police said.
Prince Raghav, 8, son of BSF trooper Vinod Singh, was abducted from outside his house in Bhondsi village Saturday around 6 a.m. He returned home around 9.30 a.m. after escaping from the window of a room where he was held in captivity by the accused, police said.
Co-accused Sanjay Rathore and Vijay Singh alias Tinku are missing and on the run, police said.
"Sanjay Rathore, a cameraman working for a national news channel, hatched the conspiracy with three cab drivers," Varun Dahiya, chief of Bhondsi police station said.
"As some of the accused were known to the victim, they had plans to kill him after collecting the ransom," said another police officer, who did not wish to be named.
The kidnappers made a ransom call to the boy`s home demanding Rs.5 lakh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA