Two dead, 4 injured as shopping complex caves in
Faridabad: Two persons were killed and at
least four others injured when an under construction
three-storey shopping complex collapsed this afternoon in this
satellite township of the national capital.
Several others are also feared trapped inside the debris
of the `City Centre` which collapsed at around 12.45 pm,
Deputy Commissioner Praveen Kumar said. The complex is
located in New Industrial Township (NIT) Market No. 1.
Sources said repair work was going on in the top floor of
the building and heavy machines were installed there.
Asked whether the reason for the collapse was the
installation of a heavy generator on top of the building,
Kumar said, "It could be."
According to Kumar, two people working in the shopping
complex were killed while at least three others were injured
in the incident.
"We took out five people from the debris. Two were dead
while three others are in hospital undergoing treatment. Some
others are feared trapped inside the debris," he said.
Meanwhile, police in Faridabad said another person was
also injured in the incident. All injured are admitted to the
government civil hospital here.
They have also identified Gurinder Singh Ahuja as the
owner of the building.
The debris clearance operations at the collapse site are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation