Two get life imprisonment for killing youth
Narnaul (Har): A local court here on Friday convicted and sentenced two persons to life imprisonment for murdering a youth two years ago.
Additional District Judge AK Verma convicted Shamsher Singh and Krishan for killing 27-year-old Surender alias Kala, who worked as a driver, two years ago after looting his truck.
Verma also slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 each on them.
According to prosecution, Surender of Khara village in Hisar, who was working as a driver in a private firm at Gurgaon, was killed by the duo after they looted his truck.
Based on the complaint filed by Surender`s uncle Hari Kishan, an FIR was registered at Nangal Chaudhary police station on May 17, 2008, stating that unidentified persons had murdered the driver and threw the body at Narnaul-Kotputali road.
Later, police arrested Shamsher and Krishan, both from Kaithal district, on charges of murdering Surender.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'