Two girls seek police protection fearing life threat
Faridabad (Haryana): Fearing threat to their lives from their families, two girls in two different cases in Faridabad district have appealed in court to provide them with police protection after they eloped and married their lovers, police said on Friday.
Family members of a girl had registered a complaint that a person, identified as Ravi, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, lured their 15-year-old daughter on the pretext of marriage and eloped with her, police said.
On her recovery, a medical test was conducted which showed her age to be 18 years, police said, adding that the girl admitted to have married Ravi at an Arya Samaj mandir in Delhi on her own will.
In another case, father of a girl had made a similar complaint that Mohan, a youth hailing from the district, kidnapped their 13-year-old daughter and forcibly married her, they said.
Later, in a medical test she was also proved to be a major.
Both the girls have now appealed in the court to provide them with police protection as they feared threat to their lives from their families, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali