Two Haryana policemen held for taking bribe
Gurgaon: Two Haryana Police officers were arrested here Monday while taking Rs.20,000 in bribe from a Hookah Bar owner here.
The vigilance department`s Gurgaon team took into custody sub-inspector Satish Dagar and assistant sub-inspector Roshan Lal from the Sector 14 market, a senior officer said.
Senior Superintendent of Police Yogendra Singh Nehra said that Dagar was in-charge of Gurgaon`s Sector 14 police post.
Police had raided an outlet in the area in August and found youngsters smoking hookah illegally. The outlet was owned by a Rahul Yadav but was run by a friend.
Rahul Yadav was booked for running the illegal hookah bar and granted bail by a court.
The two police officers reportedly demanded Rs.50,000 from Yadav to exclude his name from the first information report. They were taking the final part of the bribe amount when they got trapped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed