Two held for murder at Gurgaon toll plaza
Gurgaon: Two men were Monday arrested for the murder of a toll plaza employee here three days ago.
Gurgaon police chief SS Deswal told reporters here that Vijayveer and Manjit Singh were tracked down after police extensively searched for a white Bolero car in the area.
The incident took place at Kheri Daula in south Gurgaon. Pandey belonged to a poor family from Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh.
CCTV footage helped in tracking down the killers, a police officer here told a news agency.
"Both youths were drunk at the time of the incident," a police source said.
The breakthrough came when a man came later enquiring if Pandey was alive -- and CCTV cameras filmed the face.
Other employees at the toll plaza became suspicious and tried to catch him but he escaped. But not for long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi