Two held for murder at Gurgaon toll plaza
Gurgaon: Two men were Monday arrested for the murder of a toll plaza employee here three days ago.
Gurgaon police chief SS Deswal told reporters here that Vijayveer and Manjit Singh were tracked down after police extensively searched for a white Bolero car in the area.
The incident took place at Kheri Daula in south Gurgaon. Pandey belonged to a poor family from Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh.
CCTV footage helped in tracking down the killers, a police officer here told a news agency.
"Both youths were drunk at the time of the incident," a police source said.
The breakthrough came when a man came later enquiring if Pandey was alive -- and CCTV cameras filmed the face.
Other employees at the toll plaza became suspicious and tried to catch him but he escaped. But not for long.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city