Two lakh to sing national anthem at INLD rally
Chandigarh: Over 200,000 people will sing the national anthem `Jana Gana Mana` at a rally in Haryana, opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) announced here Wednesday.
The political rally organised by the INLD at Rewari, 90 km from here, Thursday aims to set a world record in singing the national anthem, party secretary general Ajay Chautala said.
He said that at the rally, soldiers and family members of martyrs of the India-China war will be honoured.
Former Army chief Gen. (retd) V.K. Singh, who has been associated with social activist Anna Hazare recently, is also expected to address the INLD rally.
The rally will coincide with Haryana Day. The state was formed Nov 1, 1966.
Chautala said that National Democratic Alliance (NDA) convener and Janata Dal-United (JD-U) national president Sharad Yadav, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, former Haryana chief minister and INLD president Om Prakash Chautala will also be attending the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price