Two lakh to sing national anthem at INLD rally
Chandigarh: Over 200,000 people will sing the national anthem `Jana Gana Mana` at a rally in Haryana, opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) announced here Wednesday.
The political rally organised by the INLD at Rewari, 90 km from here, Thursday aims to set a world record in singing the national anthem, party secretary general Ajay Chautala said.
He said that at the rally, soldiers and family members of martyrs of the India-China war will be honoured.
Former Army chief Gen. (retd) V.K. Singh, who has been associated with social activist Anna Hazare recently, is also expected to address the INLD rally.
The rally will coincide with Haryana Day. The state was formed Nov 1, 1966.
Chautala said that National Democratic Alliance (NDA) convener and Janata Dal-United (JD-U) national president Sharad Yadav, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, former Haryana chief minister and INLD president Om Prakash Chautala will also be attending the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'