Two lecturers of pvt educational institutes arrest
Rohtak: Two lecturers of private educational institutes were arrested today for their alleged involvement in helping students cheat for an exam at Maharshi Dayanand University here, police said.
Tajender of Matu Ram Engineering College and Ravinder of Royal Institute, Chidana, were nabbed by a Special Investigation Team of police.
"Investigations have revealed that the duo while playing role of mediator had taken money from the students on the name of getting their marks enhanced," police said.
Over 2,000 unchecked answer sheets of various professional courses were found abandoned on second floor of administrative block of the university over two weeks ago.
Preliminary investigation had revealed that the answer sheets were brought out from secrecy branch of the university for re-attempting the questions over there.
Police said three employees of secrecy branch, who had earlier been arrested in connection with the racket, were being interrogated in police remand.
Both the accused would be produced before the court tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President