Two minor girls kidnapping case: Police announce Rs 5 lakh reward
Rewari (Haryana): Having failed to achieve breakthrough in the kidnapping cases involving two minor Dalit girls, Haryana Police on Saturday announced a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh for any information leading to the arrest of the accused.
A number of NGOs and other social organisations have threatened to launch agitation against the failure of the police to trace the two abducted Dalit girls-- 7-year-old Parul of the nearby Cheemnawas village and 5-year-old Divya of Bhiwani district.
K K Sharma, Additional Director General of Police (ADGP), South Range, along with Rewari SP, Pankaj Nain and SP, Ashok Kumar of Government Railway Police (GRP), Ambala, told reporters that police was trying its best to nab the accused and police teams had already been sent to major cities, including Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi and Hyderabad.
While Parul was kidnapped from the Rewari railway station on May 4, the abduction of Divya took place from the station premises here on May 20.
The ADGP announced a cash reward of Rs five lakh for any person providing a tangible clue of the two kidnapped minors leading to the arrest of the accused.
K K Sharma said that while Section 3 of the SC/ST Act was now being added to the FIRs of abduction, as both the girls belonged to the Scheduled Caste category, the investigation in the two cases will now be under supervision of DSP Virender Singh.
Besides cooperation was also being sought from social organisations which were engaged in the welfare of missing children, he said.
Pankaj Nain informed that police teams had already been sent to Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Agra, Patna and Hyderabad to trace out the two kidnapped girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened