Two MLAs resign from Haryana Assembly to fight LS poll
Chandigarh: SAD(Badal)`s lone representative in the Haryana Assembly Charanjeet Singh and ruling Congress` Dharambir Singh on Tuesday resigned as members of the state Assembly after switching over to different parties to fight the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
With the resignation of Dharambir, the Congress has now 45 members in the 90-member Assembly. The Bhupinder Singh Hooda government also enjoys the support of seven Independents and lone BSP MLA.
While Charanjeet has been nominated from the Sirsa by INLD, Dharambir switched over to the BJP and is set to contest from the Bhiwani-Mahendergarh parliamentary seat.
Charanjeet represented Kalanwali (reserved) seat while Dharambir was MLA from Sohna Assembly constituency.
They submitted their resignations to the Speaker and it has been accepted, official sources said.
INLD has fielded candidates on all the ten Lok Sabha seats in Haryana, polling for which will be held on April 10.
Dharambir, a former Chief Parliamentary Secretary had quit Congress recently after switching over to the BJP to fight the Lok Sabha polls from Bhiwani-Mahendergarh constituency.
The Assembly has notified that the two MLAs have resigned from their seats in the legislative Assembly by their letters dated March 11 and 16, respectively and submitted today.
These two Assembly constituencies have fallen vacant with effect from today.
Assembly polls in Haryana are due to be held in September-October this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145