Two more arrested in Hisar gangrape case
Hisar: Two more persons were arrested on Saturday in connection with the gangrape of a teenage Dalit girl here, taking the total number of arrests made in the case so far to 11.
Kuldeep alias Moosa of Dabra village and Sunil, a resident of Mangali village, were arrested and produced before a local court which remanded them to a three-day police custody, police sources said.
With this, the total number of accused arrested in the case has gone up to 11, they said, adding that one of the accused Sunil, who was arrested earlier, will be released as the victim declined to identify him.
Yesterday Congress MP Ashok Tanwar met the aggrieved family and assured of all help to them.
The teenage Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a group of youths who had also threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, following which her shocked father had committed suicide on September 18.
The incident had caused widespread furore, with the National Commission for Scheduled Caste seeking an action taken report (ATR) from the Haryana administration in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls