Two more arrested in Hisar gangrape case
Hisar: Two more persons were arrested on Saturday in connection with the gangrape of a teenage Dalit girl here, taking the total number of arrests made in the case so far to 11.
Kuldeep alias Moosa of Dabra village and Sunil, a resident of Mangali village, were arrested and produced before a local court which remanded them to a three-day police custody, police sources said.
With this, the total number of accused arrested in the case has gone up to 11, they said, adding that one of the accused Sunil, who was arrested earlier, will be released as the victim declined to identify him.
Yesterday Congress MP Ashok Tanwar met the aggrieved family and assured of all help to them.
The teenage Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a group of youths who had also threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, following which her shocked father had committed suicide on September 18.
The incident had caused widespread furore, with the National Commission for Scheduled Caste seeking an action taken report (ATR) from the Haryana administration in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days