Two more arrested in Hisar gangrape case
Hisar: Two more persons were arrested on Saturday in connection with the gangrape of a teenage Dalit girl here, taking the total number of arrests made in the case so far to 11.
Kuldeep alias Moosa of Dabra village and Sunil, a resident of Mangali village, were arrested and produced before a local court which remanded them to a three-day police custody, police sources said.
With this, the total number of accused arrested in the case has gone up to 11, they said, adding that one of the accused Sunil, who was arrested earlier, will be released as the victim declined to identify him.
Yesterday Congress MP Ashok Tanwar met the aggrieved family and assured of all help to them.
The teenage Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a group of youths who had also threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, following which her shocked father had committed suicide on September 18.
The incident had caused widespread furore, with the National Commission for Scheduled Caste seeking an action taken report (ATR) from the Haryana administration in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption