Two more arrested in Hisar gangrape case
Hisar: Two more persons were arrested on Saturday in connection with the gangrape of a teenage Dalit girl here, taking the total number of arrests made in the case so far to 11.
Kuldeep alias Moosa of Dabra village and Sunil, a resident of Mangali village, were arrested and produced before a local court which remanded them to a three-day police custody, police sources said.
With this, the total number of accused arrested in the case has gone up to 11, they said, adding that one of the accused Sunil, who was arrested earlier, will be released as the victim declined to identify him.
Yesterday Congress MP Ashok Tanwar met the aggrieved family and assured of all help to them.
The teenage Dalit girl was allegedly raped by a group of youths who had also threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, following which her shocked father had committed suicide on September 18.
The incident had caused widespread furore, with the National Commission for Scheduled Caste seeking an action taken report (ATR) from the Haryana administration in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre