Two more rape incidents reported in Haryana
Chandigarh: A minor girl was allegedly abducted and raped by one of her relatives in Panipat while another incident of molestation was reported from Ambala in which a widow was raped by her acquaintance, police said on Tuesday.
According to a complaint lodged by the 30-year-old victim, Rajinder, who is an acquaintance of her late husband, brought her to Ambala on the pretext of showing her some plot, where he offered her juice laced with sedatives, they said.
After she became unconscious, the accused raped her and filmed the crime and even threatened her with dire consequences if she informed anyone about the incident.
However, she approached the police after which the case was registered against the accused, who was yet to be nabbed.
In another incident, the 12-year-old girl was abducted and raped by one of her distant relatives in Panipat on October 5, police said.
Probes are on in both the cases, they added.
Meanwhile, a large number of women activists of the main opposition Indian National Lok Dal(INLD) staged protest demonstrations against such incidents and burnt effigies of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda at various places in the state.
Meanwhile, so far there have been 14 incidents of rape in different parts of Haryana within a span of about a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez