Two more rape incidents reported in Haryana
Chandigarh: A minor girl was allegedly abducted and raped by one of her relatives in Panipat while another incident of molestation was reported from Ambala in which a widow was raped by her acquaintance, police said on Tuesday.
According to a complaint lodged by the 30-year-old victim, Rajinder, who is an acquaintance of her late husband, brought her to Ambala on the pretext of showing her some plot, where he offered her juice laced with sedatives, they said.
After she became unconscious, the accused raped her and filmed the crime and even threatened her with dire consequences if she informed anyone about the incident.
However, she approached the police after which the case was registered against the accused, who was yet to be nabbed.
In another incident, the 12-year-old girl was abducted and raped by one of her distant relatives in Panipat on October 5, police said.
Probes are on in both the cases, they added.
Meanwhile, a large number of women activists of the main opposition Indian National Lok Dal(INLD) staged protest demonstrations against such incidents and burnt effigies of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda at various places in the state.
Meanwhile, so far there have been 14 incidents of rape in different parts of Haryana within a span of about a month.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH
- More trouble for Vijay Mallya as India seeks his deportation from UK
- Double blow for Rising Pune Supergiants: After Kevin Pietersen, Faf du Plessis out of IPL 2016