Two more rape incidents reported in Haryana
Chandigarh: A minor girl was allegedly abducted and raped by one of her relatives in Panipat while another incident of molestation was reported from Ambala in which a widow was raped by her acquaintance, police said on Tuesday.
According to a complaint lodged by the 30-year-old victim, Rajinder, who is an acquaintance of her late husband, brought her to Ambala on the pretext of showing her some plot, where he offered her juice laced with sedatives, they said.
After she became unconscious, the accused raped her and filmed the crime and even threatened her with dire consequences if she informed anyone about the incident.
However, she approached the police after which the case was registered against the accused, who was yet to be nabbed.
In another incident, the 12-year-old girl was abducted and raped by one of her distant relatives in Panipat on October 5, police said.
Probes are on in both the cases, they added.
Meanwhile, a large number of women activists of the main opposition Indian National Lok Dal(INLD) staged protest demonstrations against such incidents and burnt effigies of Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda at various places in the state.
Meanwhile, so far there have been 14 incidents of rape in different parts of Haryana within a span of about a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi