Two more rapes in Haryana in 24 hours
Rohtak: Two more rape cases were reported in Haryana on Tuesday. According to reports, a minor was raped in Rohtak, the hometown of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, while a mentally challenged woman was raped in Jind.
In Rohtak, a minor was raped by her neighbour on Tuesday. Police have arrested the key accused, but four others are still absconding. According to Rohtak SHO Rajbir Singh, "An FIR has already been lodged against five people - two men and three women. The women are related to the victim. This is not a case of gangrape. The accused will be arrested soon."
Meanwhile, in Jind, a mentally challenged woman was raped on Tuesday. The police have arrested three people in this regard.
On Tuesday, the state government cancelled the leave of all police personnel for a month in a bid to curb a spare of rape incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire