Two more rapes in Haryana in 24 hours
Rohtak: Two more rape cases were reported in Haryana on Tuesday. According to reports, a minor was raped in Rohtak, the hometown of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, while a mentally challenged woman was raped in Jind.
In Rohtak, a minor was raped by her neighbour on Tuesday. Police have arrested the key accused, but four others are still absconding. According to Rohtak SHO Rajbir Singh, "An FIR has already been lodged against five people - two men and three women. The women are related to the victim. This is not a case of gangrape. The accused will be arrested soon."
Meanwhile, in Jind, a mentally challenged woman was raped on Tuesday. The police have arrested three people in this regard.
On Tuesday, the state government cancelled the leave of all police personnel for a month in a bid to curb a spare of rape incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced
- Astronomers find a 'dark' Milky Way
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 654—Abhi visits Pragya's place and meets her family!
- Fire kills at least 16 in Moscow printing works