Two more rapes in Haryana in 24 hours
Rohtak: Two more rape cases were reported in Haryana on Tuesday. According to reports, a minor was raped in Rohtak, the hometown of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, while a mentally challenged woman was raped in Jind.
In Rohtak, a minor was raped by her neighbour on Tuesday. Police have arrested the key accused, but four others are still absconding. According to Rohtak SHO Rajbir Singh, "An FIR has already been lodged against five people - two men and three women. The women are related to the victim. This is not a case of gangrape. The accused will be arrested soon."
Meanwhile, in Jind, a mentally challenged woman was raped on Tuesday. The police have arrested three people in this regard.
On Tuesday, the state government cancelled the leave of all police personnel for a month in a bid to curb a spare of rape incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened