Two more rapes in Haryana in 24 hours
Rohtak: Two more rape cases were reported in Haryana on Tuesday. According to reports, a minor was raped in Rohtak, the hometown of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, while a mentally challenged woman was raped in Jind.
In Rohtak, a minor was raped by her neighbour on Tuesday. Police have arrested the key accused, but four others are still absconding. According to Rohtak SHO Rajbir Singh, "An FIR has already been lodged against five people - two men and three women. The women are related to the victim. This is not a case of gangrape. The accused will be arrested soon."
Meanwhile, in Jind, a mentally challenged woman was raped on Tuesday. The police have arrested three people in this regard.
On Tuesday, the state government cancelled the leave of all police personnel for a month in a bid to curb a spare of rape incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!