Two more rapes in Haryana in 24 hours
Rohtak: Two more rape cases were reported in Haryana on Tuesday. According to reports, a minor was raped in Rohtak, the hometown of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, while a mentally challenged woman was raped in Jind.
In Rohtak, a minor was raped by her neighbour on Tuesday. Police have arrested the key accused, but four others are still absconding. According to Rohtak SHO Rajbir Singh, "An FIR has already been lodged against five people - two men and three women. The women are related to the victim. This is not a case of gangrape. The accused will be arrested soon."
Meanwhile, in Jind, a mentally challenged woman was raped on Tuesday. The police have arrested three people in this regard.
On Tuesday, the state government cancelled the leave of all police personnel for a month in a bid to curb a spare of rape incidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued