Two shot at, wounded in Gurgaon hospital ICU
Gurgaon: Following a fight over commercial vehicles` parking, 15-20 armed men Tuesday entered the intensive care unit (ICU) of a hospital here and shot at and critically injured a transporter and his son, a doctor and police said.
Satbir Singh, in his 50s, and his son Jogender, 23, from Khandsa village area were injured in the firing at the hospital by a rival group of transporters from the same area in Sector 37 of this Haryana town on the edge of the national capital, police said.
Police sources said they were verifying whether two suspects - Basant Fauji and Kalu - from Satbir`s rival transport group were involved in the attack.
Minutes before the shooting, the father-son duo had arrived at Sunrise Hospital on Khandsa Road for treatment of injuries that were allegedly inflicted by the assailants in a clash with them in their village.
On arrival, Jogender and Satbir were taken to the ICU of the hospital for treatment. Suddenly 15-20 people carrying weapons entered the unit and opened fire targeting the duo, a doctor said.
"The assailants fled the scene after firing," the doctor said. Both the injured were later referred to the Medanta Medicity Hospital.
"The case seems of old rivalry. We are investigating it," said a police officer.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Maheshwar Dayal denied reports of casualty in the incident.
"We haven`t got any official news regarding death, police will convert the registered case under 307 (attempt to murder) into 302 (murder) of IPC," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested