UIDAI to expedite Aadhaar enrolments in Haryana
Gurgaon: Deputy Director General of Unique Identity Authority of India`s Chandigarh unit on Thursday directed agencies engaged in the enrolment of Aadhaar cards to speed up the process and complete it by the end of this year.
DDG Kesani Anand Arora in a review meeting with representatives of the agencies set a target of completing the task of preparing Aadhaar cards in Haryana by the end of this year.
The Chandigarh Regional Office caters to UID preparation in Haryana, Chandigarh, Punjab and Himachal Pradesh.
She said five machines will soon be installed at mini secretariat so that people from districts would be able to enrol themselves even on weekends.
The machines will remain operative from 9 AM to 6 PM on weekends to facilitate those who remain on duty on weekdays.
Till now eight lakh people from the state have enrolled for UID card and the Enrolment Agencies will increase the number of machines from 124 to 280, she said.
A toll free national helpline number 1800-300-1947 is already active, apart from that Arora said a helpline number exclusively for the state will also be launched soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply